INTERESTED IN BECOMING A HOST SITE FOR OUR BEEHIVES?
HIVE HOSTING is an innovative partnership opportunity between us and small farms, CSA's, and urban gardens.
Here's how it works:
As the hive host site, you receive the pollination services of our bees, free of charge, and a kilo of honey. In return, we require the ability to come and go from your property at our convenience for hive checks.
Additionally, we require the commitment of the host-site to participate in one of our "Open-Hive" afternoon seminars - where our hive sponsors can come and spend a few hours learning about the bees, your farm or agricultural endeavour, and sustainable eco-systems.
The goal is to create a partnership where the public gets to learn about the relationship between nature, our food, and pollinators. You may even gain exposure to new customers!
DO YOU QUALIFY TO BE A HOST SITE?
In order to ensure that we meet Ontario's legislation regarding beehives, and in keeping with our sustainable and eco-friendly beekeeping model, we have a short checklist of qualifications for our host sites.
Be advised that, if you qualify, we would like to place more than one beehive on your property, and would require a 3+ year commitment to insure the health and safety of our bees.
HIVE HOST CHECKLIST
- Property is located near the following Ontario cities/towns: Glencoe, Watford, Strathroy, Mt Brydges, London, St. Thomas, Port Stanley.
- You have 3+ acres of agriculture zoned land, preferably with meadow and/or garden.
- Access to clean, natural water source on property (preferably within 500m of hive location).
- Pesticide-free gardens/fields.
- Ability and willingness to host our sponsors for an afternoon mid-summer (2019 dates TBD).